Nuovi giochi Xbox, vediamo i nuovi giochi in sviluppo Xbox!4 Giugno 2021
Questo articolo ha lo scopo di dare un quadro generale sui nuovi giochi Xbox. Vediamo insieme i nuovi giochi in sviluppo Xbox in uscita nei prossimi anni!
Vi riportiamo quanto postato da un utente su Reddit. Attenzione: l’articolo sarà per la stragrande maggioranza in inglese. Troverete un brevissimo recap subito dopo gli spezzoni in lingua originale.
All’interno di questo articolo NON saranno inseriti i DLC e alcuni dei giochi inseriti come “nuove IP o new IP” potrebbero essere dei nuovi capitoli di IP già esistenti. NON verranno poi contate IP che potrebbero essere esclusive temporali come STALKER 2 o The Ascent.
Detto questo, vediamo quali sono i nuovi giochi xbox in sviluppo.
Nuovi giochi Xbox in sviluppo
Xbox First Party Studios
- 343 Industries – We all know that this studio is all hands on deck on Halo Infinite which is likely to release this holiday season. It’s been said that that game has a 10 year plan so there may be subsequent story content coming out in the years after release. (1 established IP)
- Compulsion Games – They are working on a new IP that is supposed to be a mix between Bioshock and Uncharted. It is not yet revealed. When Phil Spencer was asked which new game he’s most excited for, he mentioned this one. (1 new IP)
- Double Fine – The mind of Tim Schafer and his team are working on finishing up Psychonauts 2 which will launch on multiple platforms. The next gen console version is likely to be an Xbox ecosystem exclusive. They have also started working on an unannounced new IP which we likely won’t hear about for a couple years. (1 established IP and 1 new IP)
- inXile – Brian Fargo has teased that the studio is working on multiple new RPG’s. They are rumored to be working on a FPS RPG with a AAA budget (many people want that to be a new Fallout game but I don’t think that will happen). We know that game will be made using UE5. The second game is unknown but is in preproduction as of January of this year. Since we know nothing about them, I am going to assume one of these is a new IP and the other is based on an existing IP (possibly another Wasteland). (1 established IP, 1 new IP)
- Mojang – This is the Minecraft studio and they continue to update the main game with new content as well as Minecraft Dungeons. However, they have also announced that they are “playing with ideas for brand new games“. Seeing as they also released Minecraft Dungeons, I believe we can assume their new game will be a spinoff in the same universe and likely release on multiple platforms. (1 established IP)
- Ninja Theory – This extremely efficient and talented studio is working on 3 separate projects. The first being the much anticipated Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 which is being made in UE5. Their second project is Project Mara (likely a codename) which is a psychological thriller and is set in a photo-realistic environment. Their third project is The Insight Project which aims to “create self-contained, individualized and absorbing game experiences” to help people control their fear and anxiety. That sounds like a series of shorter experiences but it’s anyone’s guess as to what it ends up being at this point. It’s also possible that it doesn’t result in a game being released to the public. (1 established IP, 2 new IP’s)
- Obsidian – Unbelievably, this studio is working on 5 different projects of varying sizes with a good chance that almost all of them are RPGs considering the studios lineage. Chris Parker’s team is focused on Avowed which is a Skyrim-like open world RPG. Adam Brennecke’s team is working towards the full release of “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” like RPG called Grounded. Tim Cain’s team is working on a new unannounced game that may be Outer Worlds 2. Josh Sawyer’s team is creating a new unannounced game. Brandon Adler’s team is also creating a new unannounced game. This team is a complete workhorse for XGS in a similar way that Insomniac is that for PS. (1 established IP, 4 new IPs)
- Playground Games – This studio has two teams. One team works on the Forza Horizon series and will likely release the next installment (rumored to be set in Mexico) at the end of this year or the beginning of next. The second team is working on a reboot of the wildly popular Fable series. (2 established IPs)
- The Coalition – The masters of the Unreal Engine. This studio is currently sharpening their blades with UE5 by making a new IP. Nothing is known about that game yet but it is exciting to see such a talented team expand their horizons. They are also working on Gears 6. (1 established IP, 1 new IP)
- Rare – This team continues to put work in to Sea of Thieves and are due for a big content drop. However, they also have a second team lead by Louise O’Connor that is creating the game “Everwild“. Rare likes to create games that have never been made before and that’s why not much is known about the game yet. There is a rumored third game in the works but I haven’t been able to confirm info on that one yet one way or the other. (1 new IP)
- The Initiative – This brand new team is comprised of industry veterans from the likes of Sony Santa Monica, Rockstar, Insomniac, Crystal Dynamics and Naughty Dog. They are rebooting the stealth action game Perfect Dark. (1 established IP)
- Turn 10 – This team is rebooting the popular Forza Motorsport series and also putting work into the ForzaTech engine which is used to power all Forza games as well as Fable. (1 established IP)
- Undead Labs – The makers of the first two State of Decay games are creating the third installment in the much loved franchise (State of Decay 3). The new game appears to be significantly more ambitious than it’s predecessors. (1 established IP)
- World’s Edge – This is a new team put together by Microsoft to foster the Age of Empires IP. They are overseeing the creation of a brand new entry in the long running series (Age of Empires 4). (1 established IP)
- Bethesda Game Studios – This team is working on multiple projects from the mind of the great Todd Howard. The first one to release will be Starfield, a sci-fi game that we don’t know much about just yet. It will be the first new IP from this legendary team in multiple decades. They are also working on The Elder Scrolls 6. (1 established IP, 1 new IP)
- id Software – The original creators of the first person shooter are possibly moving on from the DOOM series (at least for now) and have begun working on a new game. It is unknown at this point whether the game will be a new IP or one from an existing franchise. It’s also possible that it’s a spin-off series in the Doom universe now that the Doom Slayer’s saga has come to an end. For the sake of this exercise, we are going to assume they will be working on a new IP but it could go either way. (1 new IP)
- Arkane Studios – This team is currently working on multiple projects. The first being the PS5 and PC timed exclusive Deathloop which is being made by Arkane Lyon. That game will come to Xbox a year after it’s release on Playstation. The second team in Austin is led by one of the leads of the Dishonored 2 game (Harvey Smith) as well as staff members from both the Dishonored and Prey series. It is rumored to be a fantasy game with vampires but that has yet to be confirmed. (2 new IP’s)
- Tango Gameworks – The team that brought us The Evil Within series is working on a new IP (Ghostwire Tokyo) that is a timed exclusive for Playstation and will launch on PC day one and come to Xbox a year later. (1 new IP)
- Machine Games – This team is nearing completion on what’s likely (but not confirmed) a new Wolfenstein game. They are also in early production on an Indiana Jones game which is Produced by Todd Howard. (1 established IP, 1 new IP) *Indiana Jones was counted as a new IP due to it being a brand new game based on a movie series*
- Zenimax Online – The team that developed the massive Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) MMO continues to develop more content for the game. They are also working on multiple unannounced projects that we don’t know much about. (2 new IP’s)
- Alpha Dog and Roundhouse – These are two smaller studios that are making games that I know nothing about so it’s impossible to speculate. Hopefully we hear more from them soon.
Basandoci su questa lista, tutti gli studio First Party di Xbox stanno lavorando a circa 34 nuovi progetti: 15 nuovi giochi xbox basati su IP già conosciute e 19 nuovi giochi xbox basati su IP del tutto nuove.
Vediamo adesso quali sono i nuovi giochi Xbox in sviluppo da studi second party che usciranno esclusivamente su Xbox.
Xbox Publishing/”Second-party” deals
- Asobo (creators of A Plagues Tale) – This team is working towards releasing the newest Flight Simulator on console for the first time ever. (1 established franchise)
- IO Interactive (creators of the Hitman series) – This extremely talented studio is said to be early in production on a new AAA online multiplayer IP for Xbox. It’s said to be codenamed Project Dragon which may mean it is a fantasy game. (1 new IP)
- Avalanche Studios (creators of Just Cause and Mad Max) – There is a rumor that Xbox has partnered with a studio to make a AAA multiplayer game that goes by the name of Project Typhoon. I am reaching and assuming that it is developed by Avalanche. That may be totally wrong and that’s fine but it seems to add up. Insiders have been dodgy when asked if that is the studio making the game. (1 new IP)
- Image and Form (creators of the Steamworld games) – This team is currently working on The Gunk which is an indefinite exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem. (1 new IP)
Anche qui, si vocifera di 4 nuovi giochi xbox in sviluppo: 3 nuove IP ed un solo progetto già affermato (Microsoft Flight Simulator).
Per tutti i possessori di Xbox si prospetta una lunga generazione ricca di nuovi giochi. Tra tutti questi studi ci saranno sicuramente nuovi giochi Xbox non ancora annunciati o in fase di pre-produzione di cui, al momento, non si sa nulla. La lista dei nuovi giochi xbox in sviluppo potrebbe essere decisamente più lunga.
Non ci resta che attendere e vedere come evolveranno le cose.